Waltham Abbey is a rural market town in the Epping Forest District of Essex. Headquartered on the Greenwich Meridian, between the River Lea in the west and Epping Forest in the east, the town is 14 miles from central London and lies on the edges of North East London, with the Metropolitan Green Belt northward, east, and south of the town. For factual purposes, Waltham Abbey is remembered for the metropolitan space of London and the Greater London Urban Area. Care Homes Waltham Abbey and care homes with nursing are regulated by different organizations.
The town takes its name from and is famous for its previous convent, the rearward in England to be broken up, presently the Abbey Church of Waltham Holy Cross, a planned antiquated landmark. The town is inside the enormous common ward of Waltham Abbey which was known as Waltham Holy Cross until 1974. The ward has a town committee and is twinned with the German town of Hostel.
The River Lea, which shapes the area limit with Hertfordshire, is the town’s western limit, and the eastern limit goes through Epping Forest. The land rises steadily from the swamps and glades by the waterway to a little level of London Clay in the east, 60–90 meters above ocean level, covered in the most noteworthy parts by the sand and rock of Epping Forest. On the waterway, the rises range from 22m in the northwest to 13.5m in the southwest. Toward the southwest, possessing a previous course of the River Lea is the King George V Reservoir, which opened in 1913. Cobbins Brook, a feeder of the River Lea, crosses the ward from east to west. Waltham Abbey ward is remembered for its 41 sq. km the towns and villages of High Beach, Holyfield, Sewardstone, and Upshire. The M25 motorway hurries toward the south of the town through the center of the ward and can be gotten to the east of the town at Junction 26 using Honey Lane or the rustic alleviation street, the A121 straightforwardly south of the motorway. The town has neighbourhoods of Minefields, Roundhills, Marriott, and Meridian Park.
Monastery Church – The nave of Waltham Abbey
The archaic Waltham Abbey Church was kept as it was near a town as yet utilized as an area church. Likewise, there are other remaining parts of the previous monastery – the Grade II*listed Midnight Chapel, the gatehouse, a vaulted section, and Harold’s Bridge – all being taken care of by English Heritage. These grounds are remarkable for the presumed grave of Harold II or “Harold Godwinson”, the last Anglo-Saxon King of England.
Nearby exhibition hall
Housed in construction following back to 1520 is the Epping Forest District Museum, which relates the story of people who have lived and worked in this piece of south Essex from the most timely events to the present.
Illustrious Gunpowder Mills
On the site of a previous black powder processing plant, another gallery delineates the advancement of explosives and the improvement of the Royal Gunpowder Mills (an Anchor Point of ERIH, The European Route of Industrial Heritage) through intelligent and customary shows and shows and offers an independent nature walk that shows guests the environment that has recovered a significant part of the leftover 175 sections of land (0.71 km2).